Sarita Pearl and Lighthouse are two parts of Sarita emergency alerting and communication system.
- Sarita Pearl is a wearable device for the independence of aging citizens. It combines call button, intercom, Geofence and automatic fall detection in one beautiful accessory.
- Sarita Lighthouse is an online platform that supports carer’s routine through emergency alerts, overview of colleagues and citizens, and custom notifications.
Purpose of product
- To make sure aging citizens can receive assistance exactly when and where they need it. The Pearl contacts registered carers for help automatically in case of a fall or walking out of pre-defined area, and citizen can request assistance with the push of a button.
- To supply carers with digital tools that make their routine easier. The Lighthouse platform receives emergency alerts from the Pearl, and allows caregivers to set up custom notifications, has information about citizens in care, and about other carers in the shift.
Nursing homes, Home care services, Informal caregivers.
Impact for citizen
The aging citizens can stay connected to the caregivers wherever they go (indoors and outside), knowing that the Pearl will send an alert automatically in case of an emergency. The citizens can stay independent and active in their daily life while feeling safe.
Impact for staff
The carers can offload some of their memory work, by seeing citizen’s photo, room number/ address and having a clear overview of emergency alerts and custom reminders in the Lighthouse platform.
For temporary staff, this tool allows them to get to know citizens faster and be more effective.
Staff has improved internal communication, increased clarity over their tasks (lower stress), ability to provide fast on-demand assistance (higher satisfaction with the job).
Economic impact (What kind of business case might be foreseen – for user, staff, healthcare provider, municipality etc). Immediate assistance to citizens in case of a fall or being lost is paramount for their physical and mental wellbeing, and prevents healthcare expenses for municipality.
Satisfaction of staff with improved daily routine can lead to decreased staff turnover for care provider.
For municipalities, purchasing a wireless, combined-feature solution with outdoor coverage cuts installation and maintenance costs of welfare technology.
Cost of product
Life expectancy of product
Other costs of acquisition and setup
Setup of the system in an institution with multiple citizens: 600 €
Setup of the system in a private home with single citizen: Free.
Expected annual costs
264 € per Pearl per year in the subscription costs, can be paid on a monthly or an annual basis. Free opt-out.
Is the product for personal use or can it be used by (how) many people?
The “business” version of the product can be used simultaneously by multiple staff members of the nursing home or home care.
The “private” version of the product can be used by one or multiple caregivers.
Is the product intended for training purposes?
How much time is needed for the user or staff to get to know how to use of the product?
The product is specifically designed to be user-friendly for the staff and citizens.
- 30 – 60 minute introduction is sufficient for an elderly and their informal caregiver to use Sarita system in a private home.
- 2-hour training session for tech administrator and staff is sufficient to use Sarita system in a care institution.
Has the product been presented before at other exhibitions or venues?
Yes, at trade fairs: Altenpflege (Germany), Rehab Scandinavia (Denmark), Velfærdsteknologi anno 2018 (Denmark).
And venues: DokkX (Denmark).
Experiences from practice (examples)
Anders, technical administrator, nursing home Aarhus Friplejehjem: “Sarita system provides benefits for all layers of organisation. Both those ”on the floor” and those with overview.”
Åse, resident at nursing home Engsøgård Plejehjem: ”I think it is genius that it can do so many things”, ”I think the smartest part is that it registers if you have fallen”.
Gracia, carer at the nursing home Aarhus Friplejehjem: ”It is easy to use and it looks so managable”.
Lisa, leader of Home care service Himmerlands Hjemmeservice: "It is simple and easy to use, and therefore assures it is difficult to make mistakes".
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the case studies (not published).